Like athletes, coaches, and facilities, officials are an integral part of any sport. Ensuring officials are properly trained and certified is, therefore, a top priority to Squash Canada. Canada has one of the top officiating programs in the sport — a reputation we are proud of and aim to maintain.
Squash Canada is responsible for the training, certification, designation and evaluation of all squash officials in Canada. A close partnership has been developed with the provincial/territorial squash associations to train officials in each province, and publish Squash Canada’s officiating manual. This collaboration also coordinates officials to work at provincial, national, and international competitions.
This Officiating section will provide you information on the following:
- Learn all about the levels of Certification in the Officiating Program
- Where to start on your path to certification
- Find out how to progress from one certification level to the next
- Share your passion and knowledge for the rules of the game while aiding others to progress through their certification by becoming an Assessor
- Obtain the qualifications you need to progress from a Provincial Assessor to a National Assessor